Periodontal Health, a modern microbiological approach
THE 4 DAYS OF TRAINING
Theoretical and practical courses for practitioners and their staff
1st day : Theory
- Expectations and agreements
- Introduction to periodontal microbiology
- Microbial theories and medical paradigms
- Biofilm by periodontal state
- Clinical case presentation: from health to periodontics
- Effective medical and pharmaceutical treatment in periodontics
- Demonstration of fresh sampling with a phase contrast microscope
2nd day: Practical application of basic concepts
- The Parodex index
- Demonstration and practical work on 8 cases of periodontal disease
- Constitute your own Parodex index according to your biofilm and clinical condition (participation of the practitioner and his staff as a patient)
- Clinical and microbiological comparisons between health, gingivitis and periodontitis
- Review of the steps of the journey by appointment
- Case study: transmission of periodontal disease?
3rd day: Take the scientific basics back and apply them to the patient
- Bacteriology how and why?
- State of the art in biofilm science
- The winning method (American, European, Canadian school)
- The interest of parasitology and its origin
- Reviewing your patient records: evaluating your current results
- Transpose the microbiological method into your practice
- Achieve success for all your patients
- History of periodontology
- Synthesis of the microbiological approach
- Usefulness of microscopy
- Clinical aids and other instrumentation
- Gathering for the benefit of patients
- Be a leader in periodontology and health
4th day: Integrate the method and move towards health
- Know when to announce the disease, treatment, cost
- Know how to define a tariff
- Get your patients to accept the treatment and support them to the end
- Integrate the various communication media
- Synthesis of the protocol, record keeping
- Review the steps from the first visit to the maintenance visit
- The protocol of the appointment therapy and the “check list”
- Share diagnosis, therapy and prognosis
- Informed consent in periodontology
- Medication and detailed instructions
- Understanding on the part of the patient
- Exactly the maintenance
This day aims to explore all the risks of communication and implementation in the practice of the firm. A CD ROM will be given to you with new tools such as the periodontal treatment plan to be given to the patient as well as the estimate to accompany it, fact sheets on periodontal disease and a list of standard sentences that can help in explaining the treatment to patients (what to say and what not to say).
Overall cost of training for 2020
4 600 USD for the 4 days.
For a dentist and his staff (assistants, secretaries: maximum 3 people).
Possibility of payment in several installments, if necessary. Cheques and schedule to be sent to us with the registration form. Minimum deposit at registration 900 USD.
To validate your registration, please send us the list of participants, specifying their surname, first name and position in your firm, as well as your deposit, by cheque made out to: International Institute of Periodontics, at the address below.